Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gospel of Christ



There seems to have an uproar of christianity awareness lately, just last wednesday NG just aired the much publicised "gospel of judas" and next week the channel is going to air a week of bible findings perhaps as a follow up to the heat of the Good Friday which just passed and the up coming " Da Vinci Code "

I was just complaining to John why these media is so hungry after all the hype which all started from Dan Brown's argument. At first, I was upset to a point of angry. But as I reflect upon the circumastances, I felt my anger should not cause me to sin against the writer but it proves a genuine awareness of my personal faith in Jesus Christ. I begun to start looking into the Word of God for answers and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to me. As much as I want to catch every episode of those well researched documentaries on TV, I felt the Lord led me otherwise to look back into the Word for answers.

In 2 Tim 3:12-17
12Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will go on deceiving others, and they themselves will be deceived.
14But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. 15You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. 17It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.

Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

No comments: